I have a seven-week-old baby. He's beautiful. I haven't taken my kids grocery shopping since his birth, until today. I decided to take all four of my children with me, baby and all. We went to three stores and all four of my kids were angels. I patted myself on the back for my fabulous parenting skills that produced such well-behaved children and promptly drove them to McDonald's for cheeseburgers. Somehow they talked me into Happy Meals so they could get those Happy Meal toys that they love so much. I just took an entire trunk load of toys to the Goodwill and now we have more, and not just toys, but the trading cards that come with them. The kids helped me unload the groceries and my three-year-old carried in the McDonald's bags. He dropped them. My cheeseburger got a little squished but it was edible. After lunch the baby woke up with a leaking dirty diaper. He needed a bath but someone was in our only bathroom. While I was cleaning him up my three-year-old stuck his trading card in the CD drive of my computer. Now this same three-year-old is sitting at the table drinking hot chocolate from a mug and saying, "this is how Bekah Holheiser does it."
No comments:
Post a Comment