Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hailey’s Story Adventure of Sarah - A Dictated Imaginative Tale

It’s night and I creep out and I go into my tree house with my faithful dog, Kitty, my best friend, Sally, and my brother Boz. I get my storybook out of my secret shelf. We creep up into the strong tree branches. The wind is blowing hard and the leaves are starting to fall. I slip a little flashlight out of my pocket and then I open the book and turn to page 200. I start reading to them and my imagination pops up when I see the airplane picture in my book. Then I have an idea. I’ll go get one of my baskets. “You guys stay here.”
Then I thought for a second and I look down. My tree house is gone and in its place is the airplane from my storybook. I look around and can’t see my house! “What happened to it?”
Boz turns into a dog and starts swinging on vines out into the jungle! Sally says, “You guys stay here. I got to get something.” She comes back with a hamster cage and wheel and jumps inside it and turns into a hamster. Kitty, my dog, turns into a lion. I took out a secret map from a secret place in my airplane. I looked at the old dusty map. I found out I was in the middle of the jungle.
Kitty, the dog-turned lion, gets very hungry. She looks around and couldn’t find anything to eat, except Sally the hamster. But the hamster is in her strong cage and the lion cannot open one part. Sally laughs and says, “Haha, you can’t eat me!”
“Stop laughing at me. I can still eat you.”
Sally pretends like she is afraid. Then the lion gets the cage door open.
“Sarah! Saraaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!” Sally yells for me. I run over and Kitty is holding Sally ready to eat her. I grab Kitty and throw her out of the plane. “Oh no!” Sally falls off the other side of the plane and into the jungle. Kitty sees this and hides and then runs out to get her. Sally doesn’t get caught this time. She runs away and Kitty chases her.
“I’m going to save you Sally!” Then I build a launcher with a spring I found in the plane. I launch out into the jungle to save Sally. But I went on the wrong side of the jungle. I will build an invention to find them. It will be an airplane thing that helps you find things. “Aha! My invention is finally ready. Now I’m gonna get out there and find them. I fly around in my “anywhere” invention with my GPS to show me where to go. “Aha! I found them finally! But how will I get in there? They are in a jungle hospital and everybody is out except Kitty and Sally. Sally runs out while Kitty is in the middle. Sally and I shake the building and keep pushing and pushing until the roof falls down. Kitty crawls out and says, “I’m sitting out the rest of the story if another roof falls down on me.”
“Oh no! Now I have to go to the bathroom!” I start doing the potty dance. My imagination is getting wild but it can’t think of a potty so I’ll just go in the bushes. Then I fall down and fall asleep in the jungle. I hear Kitty and Sally snoring. "Z!Z!Z!Z!Z!Z!Z!Z! hosh!" I wake up. “Woe! That was all just a dream and the other half was a story!” I look down at the storybook in my lap and laugh. “I don’t know how I fell asleep with that in my lap!”
THE END
But not the real end, there’s still more to it…

1 comment:

specialbekah said...

"I’m sitting out the rest of the story if another roof falls down on me" ??? Best story line EVAH!