Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Chat About Hailey Worthy of Blogging

Hailey I thought was "playing missionary" in my room today. She comes out almost in tears. "No one would listen to me."
Me "Who? You were playing by yourself."
no imaginary savages would listen?
so sad
nope
the neighbor
that she was yelling across the street too
pardon me "singing to"
i see
singing the gospel?
in a bedroom
"Mom I was just trying to start a new church"
to people across the street?
"Mom I tried everything"
Me "Who's gonna be the pastor?"
Hailey "Me"
I'm laughing so hard I have tears
and she says "why not?"
me "only boys but you can marry a preacher"
she was upset
so I promised her on Halloween that we could hand out tracts with the candy and now she is happy.
Me, I'm just convicted.
Later on I went back into my room and saw her "church-building tools". She had out a New Testament a weight-loss book and a potty training book. To broadcast her ministry she had opened both windows and placed a baby monitor by each.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's too funny! What a good little missionary. :) BTW: I didn't know you had a blog. I just found your link from Emily's blog. Now, I can keep up with you better. :)

specialbekah said...

too funny.
however, Hailey might not be the best person to teach potty training. None of us are, come to think of it.