Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hailey, Elvis and Dishes

We were six hours into our trip to Arkansas when Hailey saw a billboard with a picture of Elvis. (Keep in mind she is five and has no idea who Elvis is. We are not Elvis fans nor do we listen to his music.) Hailey shouts, "That looks like Daddy!" We were still in the van but if I could have rolled on the floor I would have I was laughing so hard. I had to ask her, "Do you know who Elvis is?" "No, but he has the same hair and the same shirt." In response Dustin breaks out into a rendition of "You Aint Nothin But a Hounddog" and I found myself laughing harder than I ever thought possible.

So yesterday Hailey started kindergarten, at home, with me. The thing I promised myself I would NEVER do. We'll just add that to my list of "Never will, but I do". Anyway she was so excited to spend this special time with mommy doing school that she said, "Mommy now you won't have to work as much! You can just do the dishes during my recess!"

4 comments:

specialbekah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
specialbekah said...

School = one more thing to do (in reality)

School = nothing better to do for mommy all day long (to Hailey)

Six in our Crew said...

You're in good company! I too said I would never home school, now we can't imagine it any other way. I like to make my kids fold laundry during their recess - heehee! Somehow, I'm usually the one stuck doing the dishes though! Paper plates are a home school mom's best friend!

Basnight said...

I love the dishes comment! Too Cute! I love having my kids at home with me. My absolute favorite part is when they start reading and I know that I taught them how and that I just opened up the whole world to them!