We've all been pretty sick this week. Who knew a mere cold could knock you off your feet, drag you across the floor and stomp on your chest?! I just knew my son had an ear infection but I was too sick to take him to the doctor. My super hero husband came home from work an hour early (when I know he really had at least 3 hours of overtime he needed to put in). Apparently everyone is sick and it took over an hour at the doctor's office. I can't imagine an hour in the waiting room with a sick two-year old in underpants, no toys, no snacks. Did my husband complain? Nope, not a bit.
Sure enough it was an ear infection, which meant a trip to the pharmacy and of course, a lost prescription fax. Finally he gets the prescription and a whole list of stuff including my latest craving, Snickers, mmmmmm.
It is well past dinner time so he goes to Arby's (I don't think he wanted me to cough or sneeze in his food) and they are all out of roast beef. Can you imagine Arby's out of roast beef? So my awesome husband calls me to see what else I want. Burger King is just down the street so I ask for a Jr. Whooper. But when he gets to BK they are all out of Jr. Whooper meat. Go figure. My poor tired, hungry husband finally arrives home with regular whoopers but not a complaint.
I went to bed early to try to sleep off my cold. I'm not sure what time he came to bed (I'm blind as a bat without my contacts) but the second he settled in my son started crying, and of course super dad took care of it without a complaint. When I get better, I'm going to have to make this all up to him.
Oh, and by the way, that ugly blue on the wall isn't ugly anymore. He fixed that too.


2 comments:
I love this story. Not the sick part, and not the "where's the beef" part, but the part where Dustin even fixed the ugly wall. Sweet. Lucky!
You forgot to mention that the windows aren't plain and ugly anymore... you know, the beautiful curtains... you know, the ones your friend made for you... you know what I'm talking about.
Post a Comment