Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cravings

I haven't bought butterfingers in two long, agonizing weeks. This is quite a record for me since I crave them with an intensity that I can only attribute to pregnancy. I've self-imposed this deprivation in order to keep my weight gain to the prescribed one pound a week. And what happens?! I gain almost double the weight and I want to cry every time I see the candy aisle in the grocery store.

Then I remembered, my first pregnancy, I was so careful about what I ate. I agonized over every craving and bite. My second pregnancy I ate whatever I wanted and I was much happier. The ironic thing was I gained the same exact number of pounds each time.

Tonight I bought a bag of Butterfingers and a bag of Reese's for good measure. If I am going to gain too much weight I'm going to eat all the Butterfingers I can stuff in my face.

No comments: